**Before I begin you should know that pork is not a traditionally Indian meal or curried dish. We also served it with plain white rice instead of the traditional basamti rice just because it was what we had on had at the moment.
1 h 4 servings
- 1 cup orange marmalade (we use the type with actual orange zest pieces in it which was delicious)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (this was not enough for us so we doubled it for more spice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water (or chicken broth)
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin (or in my case pork)
- Ready In
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl combine the marmalade, curry powder, salt and water. Mix together. Place chicken pieces, cut side down, in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish and spoon marmalade mixture over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, spooning sauce over chicken several times. (Note: If sauce begins to stick to the baking dish, add an additional 1/4 cup water).
- Remove chicken from baking dish and skim fat off of the sauce. Serve sauce hot with the chicken.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.