‘Ello Blogstars! I have received another Liebster award and I am so very thankful that Spoken Black Girl has award me this honor because it means she, like the rest of you Bloggies, are enjoying my moments however outrageous they may get at times. You must check out her blog for some high quality material. She tells powerful stories about her life and is an advocate for Mental Illness as well.
In fact, all of these blogs that I’m nominating are inspising and speak volumes about their lives in some respect. They keep me centered and motivated! So without further pomp, my nominees are:
Mugilan Raju from Prime my subconscious, one hint at a time – The poems he writes are so original and transcendent with their vivid imagery that you will be transported through his words into the stories of each piece. You have to check him out!
Linda from Tales from the cabbage patch – I was definitely drawn to the name as it is one of my nicknames and it lives up to the hype for one of my monikers, lol. Linda has a comedic heir to her life stories that are so relateable and when I tell you her pictures add to the hilarity I cry real tears laughing at her posts. Definitely worth checking out!
Sunshine from Sunshine Rays on Life– I Sunshine’s blog because her poems are so simple and refreshing. They just wash over you like a wave and make your feel like you could have though of the same thing when you saw that object or moment in time and the poems just make me feel so HAPPY!
Megan from The Manic Years is a fellow mental health advocate that you should keep on your watch list. Her unique mix of mental health advocacy and art is inspiring! She gives you her story as well as the stories of countless others letting you know that you are not alone and is honest about her everyday struggles letting you know that there is hope! I love it!
Deidra Alexander at Deidra Alexander’s Blog is an amazing fiction writer that poetically writes about her everyday life in such a way that you feel you are truly reading about the most spectacular adventure. I mean I really feel like I am in another world reading her blog. Please check it out. She’s one of the many talented writers that I follow.
I wish I could list all of the bloggers that I love. There are so many, please do not feel slighted if I missed you, believe me I can always send many awards around another time. 😉
Here’s the part when I answer some questions for your reading pleasure!
- I am super competitive
- I have an additive personality
- I enjoy random facts and trivia
- I once got stuck under a wall under water for nearly 2 minutes and no one knew I was there because I would dig holes in the sand and swim through with friends when we were kids at a lake called silver lake and I almost drowned. I finally dug enough sand away to get out.
- I will try any activity at least once
- I have a strange quirk about touchy sticky things with my hands. It seriously freaks me out, it started in college when a 2-liter soda exploded in my dorm room and we found sticky areas everywhere for weeks.
- I organize my closet based on color (ROY G. BIV), season, and ‘dress’ (active wear, dressy, casual).
- I love cartoons and anime and watch them every chance I get
- I enjoy scary movies but if they are too scary I tend to have to watch cartoons after to ‘erase’ the scariness it caused, who needs those nightmares or feelings that someone is in your house
- Sometimes my anxiety is so strong I feel like I could crawl out of my skin and I have to find something to do with myself to distract my mind, like bust a move, sing, make a strange noise for no reason, or whatever my mind or body compels me to do at the time (I know, sounds a bit ADHD, but don’t think I am, least I have not been diagnosed as such).
- I enjoy planning and organization and if I had the money I would do this professionally not just with trips and homes but also with my industrial and organizational degree for HR.
Now for my questions!
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging? My favorite thing about blogging is talking to people across the entire world and knowing the people who tune in just like on television, chose to hear me. Each time I see a place across the map light up, especially one not in my own country I secretly get all giddy and do an dance in my head that resembles the one I did outwardly that was not so smooth (though I am a pretty good dancer. Those spur of the moment silly dances don’t always come off that smooth).
- Do you enjoy any other forms of artistic expression outside of your blog? Yes, I paint, crotchet, play instruments now more on my technical devices than my clarinet and keyboards, sing, write, and I would love to pick up dance again.
- What was your favorite book as a kid? I love you forever
- Have you lived in multiple neighborhoods, states or countries? Which shaped you the most? Do tell! I currently in above a complex of art Galleries in an art district which is truly expanding my artistic views and I love it. It is reestablishing my art basics and now I am fully back into and just truly appreciating it all.
- What’s your number one guilty pleasure food? POTATOES, I am like the bubba gump of potatoes people! I can eat/ cook them just about any way, fried, scalloped, boiled, baked, broiled, mashed, whipped, julienne, sliced, diced, I’ll eat cheese potatoes, garlic, in a boat, on a moat, I Love potatoes the MOST!
- What’s your spirit animal? I would have to say a fish and in specific I love the Koi fish. I have always loved water and I at one point in my life I was certified I was certified with just about everything dealing with water, lifeguard, scuba diving, swim coach, swim instructor, and so on. I just love water. It keeps me at peace. I can sit and listen to the waves lapping all day long. Storms and water just calm me.
- Okay, if you could time travel. When, where?! If I could time travel I would travel to 1999 to when my brother was 13. I would give him some critical advice and love that he would need to help veer his life in the right direction hopefully before it got too out of hand to the point it is at now.
- What’s one thing about you that your readers would never guess? I am made of up the most random things ever so many people say all the time you JUST NEVER KNOW WITH CHRIS so this one was fairly easy. Picking ONE was the hard part. Each year, I must watch the Discovery Channel’s Shark Week shows. I DVR them or watch them live but I must see them. I know all the episodes and which ones are from previous years to catch you up to the current year when they show snippets and my husband just sort of looks at me in amazement but he doesn’t say anything.
- What is one current issue that really moves you? Well all my readers know mental health is really important to me but another issue is children’s advocacy and hunger. I cannot stand by and watch a child go without for any reason not just because it is wrong but because I was once that child.
- Where do you go / what do you do when you want to feel completely relaxed? I go to a spa and get a massage and/or a place near water and just listen to water.
- If you could help one thing from the 90s make a comeback…So many things from the 90s are already making a comeback so that is hard, but if I had to pick one thing it would have to be it’s a tie between Planter’s cheese balls and Fruitopia. When I was younger you could always catch me with a baggie of cheese balls because my parents would buy me the cardboard and metal or the HUGE clear container that was bigger than your head and I would walk around eating them. I even took them with me on my first trip to New Jersey and spilled them while helping my cousin move into his new apartment on his new carpet, LOL. I felt like a boob because I was like 15 trying to be cool and everyone made me feel so bad for it. It was an accident and I was trying to clean it…It didn’t stain it. They did get free labor out of me geesh! With that said maybe I will pick the Fruitopia, it never got me in trouble, LOL.
Now some instructions for my nominees:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and link back to them.
- List these rules somewhere in your post.
- Name your favorite blog that is not your own with a short description.
- Answer the questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers for this lovely award, who have fewer than 200 subscribers.
- List 11 Random Facts about yourself.
- List 11 questions for your nominees to answer on their posts!
- Let your nominees know you nominated them!
My questions for you to answer:
- Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
- Do you have any phobias?
- What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever done?
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
- Are you an introvert or an Extrovert?
- What was the last book you read?
- If you could tell your past self one thing, what would it be?
- If you could spend an endless amount of money on any one thing, who/what would it be?
- What is your one guilty pleasure?
- If you could have one super power what would it be and why?